- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 3 tbsp. avocado or coconut oil
- 1 whole bulb of garlic
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 small-medium beets
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Wash beets, trim greens and wrap in foil. Roast in oven for 25-35 minutes, or until tender.
- Cut cauliflower into florets and toss with oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in oven for 20-25 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
- Cut top off of garlic bulb to expose the cloves. Wrap in foil and roast in oven for 20-25 min.
- As vegetables are finished roasting, remove them from the oven, carefully opening foil on the beets and garlic and let them cool just enough to handle them. Once cooled enough, peel the skins off of the beets.
- Place cauliflower, coconut milk, vegetable broth and beets into blender. Add garlic by squeezing entire bulb to extract the roasted garlic paste or by peeling each clove. Blend on high until smooth. Add some water if needed to get desired consistency.
- Transfer to a large pot and heat the soup to desired temperature. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with cashew cream, recipe below. Note: You will need to soak the cashews at least 2 hours so prep accordingly,
savory Cashew cream
- 1 cup raw cashews
- Water for soaking cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt (or more, to taste)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Soak cashews in enough water to cover them for at least 2 hours. Can soak overnight. Drain water before blending.
- Add soaked cashews, 1/2 cup fresh water, lemon juice and garlic salt in a blender on high until smooth. Turn blender off and use a spatula to push the cashew cream down from the sides of the blender a few times. Add more water if needed to get desired consistency.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.