I have to say, this took quite a bit of time. If I were just jotting it down on paper it wouldn't be so bad. But, of course, I needed to make it look all pretty. Since I went through the trouble I figured I'd give you guys not only my actual exercise and sample meal plan for October 2014 but I'd also give you a blank 21 Day Fix meal planner so you can make your own. A little gift, from me to you!
A few things I want to make clear...
1. I made up my 21 Day Fix and PiYo hybrid exercise plan from what makes sense to me. There's no real science to it. I did try to consider not working the same muscle groups hard two days in a row. I also know some days are better for me to workout longer. I really like to go to the gym for a particular group fitness class on Saturday. And, if I have a really long work day and can't workout while the kids are in school I'll skip my home workouts and go to the gym in the evening, even if it's just 30 minutes on the elliptical.
2. People have asked me, "How many days a week should I work out?" I heard Chalene Johnson say one time, "Workout only on the days when you want to feel good". I have to say I agree with this statement. I always feel better when I workout. However, for personal restoration and family balance, I rarely plan a workout for Sunday. I find that I need one day of rest. But that's it. Unless of course, I'm sick or traveling or other extenuating circumstances. I'm not a crazy person about my exercise but I do find that planning on working out 6 days a week helps me stay consistent. Of course, talk to your doctor about what's best for you.
3. Below I give you a sample of what I may eat while following the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan. That does not mean it's what YOU should eat. I took the quiz in the 21 Day Fix Nutrition Guide and found my recommended caloric range and the corresponding amount of containers for each food category. What I'm posting below is what I eat pretty regularly. I eat the same things a lot. And yes, I really drink Shakeology twice, most days. What can I say? It makes me feel good and it's super quick to whip together and drink on the go! I should probably mix it up a bit more and I will try some new dishes here and there but for me, having a few "go to" meals and snacks works. Again, this is MY plan. I happen to eat meat, as long as it's organic. I avoid wheat since I found out that I'm moderately allergic. I do eat other grains but not that much. I eat dairy, but not that much. My plan may not fit your way of eating. That doesn't mean the 21 Day Fix won't work for you. That's the beauty of the plan. It's so flexible!
4. I take a few liberties with the 21 Day Fix because I think it's important to listen to your body and do what works for you. I personally find that I need a bit more fat than the plan calls for. So, in addition to what you see listed, I also get some additional fat when I cook vegetables with a bit of oil (coconut or olive) or butter. Speaking of butter, it's not on the 21 Day Fix plan at all. I find this sad. Butter has gotten a bad rap in the past. But, if your butter comes from grassfed cows, it's actually quite healthy for you. Now, I don't go around dousing everything with gobs of butter but I do use it sparingly, as I desire.
5. I purposely made the meal plan to reflect a perfect week, in my mind. Do I always have a perfect week? Nope. In fact, it's pretty rare. It's likely that I'll have cheat meal sometime over the weekend. That one glass of wine that is actually an allowed part on the plan, may just turn into two. But, if I make a plan and vary from it a bit I'm still better off than if I had no plan at all.
6. Now that I've given all the disclaimers and helpful advice I can think of. Enjoy my October 2014 meal and workout plan! And feel free to download the blank template too. Are you curious to know more about the 21 Day Fix, PiYo and Shakeology? Well, I can help with that! Contact me and I'll fill you in. I have challenge groups starting twice a month where you can get all the support and accountability you need to make a new start towards a new you!
Click the icon to the right to download my blank 21 Day Fix meal planner. ----------------------------------->>
Want to download and print my meal plan? Well, here you go! ----------------------------------------------->>
Want to download and print my workout plan? Well, here you go! -------------------------------------->>
If you've stumbled across this blog post and you have no idea what this 21 Day Fix and PiYo are all about and want to know more, please feel free to contact me. I'll be happy to help.