- 2/3 cup coconut milk (the kind in the carton works fine)
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet Enjoy Life chocolate chips - melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanila extract
- pinch salt
- 4 gluten-free Joe Joe's (from Trader Joes) or other crisp chocolate cookie - crushed
- Sweet cashew cream (recipe below)
- Place all ingredients except for the cookies in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Taste and add more syrup if needed.
- Place cookies in a ziplock bag and crush.
- Divide pudding into 4 jars, top with crushed cookies, add a dollop of cashew cream and sprinkle a bit more crushed cookie for garnish.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Note: I used 8 oz. jelly jars. Filled only half way with pudding, allowing plenty of room for the cookies and cashew cream.
sweet cashew cream
- 1 cup raw cashews
- Water for soaking cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Soak cashews in enough water to cover them for at least 2 hours. Can soak overnight. Drain water before blending.
- Add soaked cashews, 1/2 cup fresh water, vanilla, maple syrup and cinnamon on high until smooth. Turn blender off and use a spatula to push the cashew cream down from the sides of the blender a few times. Add more water if needed to get desired consistency.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.