First things first, I'm down 3 pounds since I started last Monday. Yay me! For 21 Days I'm being totally transparent with this diary I'm publishing. This was my first weekend on the 21 Day Fix Extreme plan. I had it all mapped out but, we had company staying with us and two birthday parties to attend. Yeah. So, I didn't take a picture of everything I ate. I was too busy having fun! But, I will break it down for you. The good, bad and ugly! Let's just say, it could have been better but it could have been a lot worse!
Saturday: Started off really strong...and then decided to relax a bit in the late evening. It was a personal choice to enjoy a little wine while visiting with one of my best friends from high school. I know I said I wouldn't but...can't say that I regret it one bit.
- Chocolate Shakeology blended w/ frozen cherries, spinach, coconut oil, ice & water
- Steel cut oats w/ mixed berries
- Tuna mixed w/ salad dressing on bell peppers
- Chocolate shakeology shaken with water
- B-day party dinner out: burrito bowl with beans, rice, chicken, grilled and fresh veggies & guacamole. It was soooo good! I only ate half because it was so much. I focused on the veggies and meat and left a big pile of beans and rice at the bottom.
^^All of this was 100% to plan. And then...I decided to open a bottle of wine to go with after dinner conversation. That & staying up too late led to the decision to have 2 small cookies. Sorry, not so sorry.
Workout: 21DFX Dirty 30 went down even with my little boy popping in every couple minutes to ask me for something. I bribed him with organic gummies to let me finish.
Sunday: Overall, another good day. Just not...perfect. I can't even tell you what plan I followed here but I know I wasn't too far out of my calorie range. My company departed after breakfast and then the kids and I were off to the beach for birthday party #2. I thought I'd be OK not eating at the party if I drank my Shakeology on the way there but after a few hours running around after my 3 year old, preventing him from throwing sand on random strangers, I was ready for a little plate of food! Stuck with small portions and skipped the cupcakes!
- Steel cut oats w/ berries and walnuts
- Chocolate Shakeology mixed w/ ice & water
- 1/4 veggie sub, handful of carrots, small scoop of pasta salad, 3 tortilla chips. Yes, just 3. They were the hint of lime kind, just wanted a taste.
- Strawberry Shakeology blended w/ Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries, ice & water
- Turkey meatballs over spaghetti squash w/ sauteed zucchini
Workout: Running around at the beach w/ my boy. The 21DFX calls for Yoga on Sundays for recovery. I just simply didn't have the time, will or energy. Sunday is usually a day of rest for me. I think that's important. Even when I want to exercise, I usually don't because I need one day when I turn everything possible "off". Not sure if I'll do the Yoga DVD next week. We shall see.